A summary of an article titled Microplastics are raining down from the sky published by National Geographic on April 15th 2019:
- Microplastics are not only present in the oceans, they are now found in the atmosphere.
- Scientists have detected microplastics falling from the sky at a pristine, remote part of the Pyrenees Mountains.
- Two previous studies have found microplastics present in city air.
- The scientists do not know where these airborne microplastics come from.
- Scientists also do not know the health effects of airborne microplastics which can be inhaled or ingested.
- More ominous, microplastics could be breaking down into nanoplastics.
- Currently, there is no easy way to detect nanoplastics.
- Nanoplastics could be more nasty than microplastics by being more reactive, and being nano-sized, can pass through biological barriers.
Pick of Events (W1-May-2019)
Link Energy Trilemma @ KL tix
Link MDEC x MaGIC @ KL
Link Facial Recognition @ KL info
Link Digital Smorgasbord @ KL
Link MBApreneurs @ KL tix
Link Cyber Forensics @ KL
Link Managing Cashflow @ KL
Link Tracking Prevention @ KL info
Link International Pricing @ JB
Link Coffee Meetup @ KK tix
Link Green & IR4 Fund @ PG tix
Link Digital Economy @ PG tix
Link Survey Sampling @ PG
Around The Region
Link Going Global @ SG
Link Smart Mobility @ SG
Link Energy Supply Chain @ SG
Link B2B Sales & Marketing @ SG
Link CTO Meetup @ JKT
Link Female Tech Stars @ JKT
Link SocMed Marketing @ JKT
Link ID Genetic Ancestry @ JKT
Link From Data to Product @ JKT
Link Due Diligence Checklist @ JKT
Link Ecommerce Gamification @ JKT